Web Designer and Content Publisher
Share This Job
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SunPower’s in-house Creative Studio is searching for a versatile Web Designer and Content Publisher. This role is responsible for the full web content life cycle, from design and UX of the pages and its content to building the web pages themselves in our CMS. As the Web Designer and Content Publisher, you will be responsible for working with the Director of Brand and Creative Studio, as well as key stakeholders to design, update and recommend best practices for SunPower.com. You will also interface regularly with our developers to provide requirements for new website features in support of those designs.
To be successful, you must possess excellent relationship building skills to develop a solid partnership with the creative team, digital and development teams and SunPower marketers. You must also have a proven track record of staying cool under pressure, possess outstanding process skills, problem-solving skills, presentation skills, and have the ability to think strategically and creatively.
The position is in SunPower’s Web Content and Creative Team, and reports to the Director of Brand and Creative Studio.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
- Work with the Sr. Web Content Strategist on planned projects, and have the flexibility to quickly respond to any urgent requests.
- Track work daily through Bynder/Jira
- Provide design solutions that accomplish business objectives, provide an excellent user experience and address platform limitations.
- Design and build webpages in our CMS for sunpower.com, and update items across all global websites.
- 3-5 years’ experience in web design; experience working in either in-house or at an agency preferred
- Proficient using Web Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, or similar
- Proficient in PhotoShop/InDesign
- Experience in selecting and editing images to support page content
- HTML/CSS coding experience/working knowledge (to better understand working with a CMS and communicate design solutions with developers)
- Experience with workflow and project management software
- Perfectionist-level attention to detail and exceptional quality standards
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Problem solver; identifies a problem and comes to the table with possible solutions
- Experience in an agile environment and documenting work in a JIRA, Asana, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, or similar
- Able to articulate design decisions to many different audiences (including those who are not inherently creative)
- Can work from a mockup with minimal direction/hand holding
- Experience in managing content, suggesting the flow of content, and working with stakeholders to keep content updated
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Website design